Originally invented by Dr. Derek Cabrera as a way to teach his graduate and doctoral students systems thinking at Cornell University, ThinkBlocks are a tangible cognitive tool that makes it easy to physically model any idea, no matter how complex. Assign concepts to blocks by writing on them with dry-erase markers, and then associate them with other concepts by using the multi-nesting (multiple blocks inside of blocks), barbell (relational nodes), and looking glass (translucent) properties of the blocks. Great for by Preschoolers and PhDs and in corporations and innovation labs. Perfect for conference rooms as an alternative or adjunct to whiteboards. Their use increases:
The most advanced thinking technology doesn't have a power cord. It's powered by your brain. Think with your hands. Comes in two sizes:
- clarity in individual and group problem solving; especially when things are complex and need to be "re-thought"
- communication and understanding; gets people instantly on the same page or makes it clear when they are not
- cognitive clarity in all populations from PreK to PhD and in corporations and innovation labs
- The Medium Kit is perfect for big ideas, boasting 100 blocks (4 large, 32 medium, 64 small).
- The Large Kit has 200 blocks (8 large, 64 medium, 128 small) and is great for classrooms, dinner tables, conference rooms, etc.
Both kits have the following features:
- Durable ABS plastic blocks
- Each block is dry erasable
- Each block size is nestable into the larger size
- Sleek rounded design, no sharp corners
- Transparent design let's you see deconstruction of ideas
- Design makes DSRP structure easy to create
- Design makes transfer of skills to dynamic software easy (plectica.com)
- Aesthetically beautiful
- "Naked" Packaging (decreases waste)
- Online Video User Guide (decreases waste)
- Designed, Manufactured, and Made in the USA!
- Dry erase pens not included. Expo Low Odor markers recommended.
- Made entirely in the USA in a women-owned factory in Watervliet, NY